BHAGWAN MAHAVIR Hospital
Motivated by the philanthropic desire to provide modern medical treatment free of cost or subsidised cost to the poor and Tribal people of the rural area the visionary founder members of the Jain community set up and registered in 1975“The Rajasthan Medical Society &Research Centre” asa Society ( Charitable Trust) .
The primary objective of the RMSRC is provision of modern medical facilities free of cost/subsidized cost to the needy and underprivileged section of the society in the rural area of Western Rajasthan. With this aim ,Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital was officially inaugurated and stared functioning in 1987..
A few years later, the Trust decided to provide educational facilities also to the people of this area. For the purpose, in the year 2009, the Trust startedtwo English Medium Schools- B. P. Doshi Pre Primary School and H.C Bafna International School with CBSE course up to high school.
To provide job oriented higher education to the children of the area and meet hugedemand for qualified nurses in India and abroad, a Nursing college–“D.S. Sancheti Nursing and Paramedical Institute” was.started In the year 2011.
Medical Services provided by the Hospital
- The Foundation stone of the Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital was laid on17th February,1978 by the then President Shri NeelamSanjeeva Reddy. The hospital was inaugurated and opened its doors to the patient on 5th July,1987 by the then President of India, Shri GyaniZail Singh.Provision of modern Medical facilities, specially for the poor and needy rural people Free of cost/at subsidized cost is its main objective.
- The Hospital has 158 beds. Services for 50% of beds are totally free of cost( including investigations, operations, medicinesfood nursing care,), other patients are subsidised. Our mission-the guiding principle of service by our staff and management is to ensure that “Every patient is given the best possible medical treatment and that No patient is deprived of proper medical treatment for want of Money”
- The hospital has basic Departments of Medicine, Surgery, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics , Dentistry, ENT, Pathology and Radiology
- All the departments of the Hospital are managed by team of well qualifieddoctors(Post Graduate consultants) and technical staff supported by modern equipments.
- There is a dedicated Special Dialysis units where on average 9 to 10 patents are dialysed everyday. Dialysis services for all the patients, after initial period of two months are totally Free
- Equipments: Hospital has 4 fully equipped State of the Art operation theatres, Seventeen bedded ICU, Nine bedded Dialysis unit, Neonatal intensive care unit,Digital X-ray machines, Colour Doppler & Ultrasonography machines and CT Scan Machine ,Tread mill Test & Pulmonary Function test units.
- 8. A specially builtTrauma centre at the hospital which was opened during current year 2016 would provide much needed great help to attend to all accident cases during the First Golden Hour . The Hospital has its own Ambulance Services,
- Government licensed Blood Component Bank at hospital is a rare facility in the accidents prone area.It helpstimely supply of requisite blood /blood components. The hospital has a well equipped Mobile Blood bank Van to collect blood donation from different centres.
- A modern Cancer detection & Treatment centre is under construction and expected to be operative before the year- end( 2016) . Establishment of this centre will be yet another unique medical service not easily available in the nearby area.
- Surgical & Medical Camps by Super Specialist doctors from Mumbai are regularly organized since 1991 at the hospital. These camps, where major operations are performed totally free, have benefitted thousands of poor patients by now.
- There are separate wards for the overnight stay and FREE treatment of “Sadhus” & “Sadhvis “
- 1The Hospital has built separate Residential quarters for accommodation of its staff within the hospital campus.
- Empanelment under the Prime Ministers BhamashaSwasthyaBimaYojana: Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital has enrolled itself with the related Government agencies as provider of medical services under the scheme with the objective of assisting Government in extending cash free medical facilities to eligible people at reasonable rates,. And our services under the BHAMASHA scheme are very well appreciated by the concerned authorities.
Our future Plans
Having started the medical services in 1987 in avery modest way, it has been the constant endeavour of the management to improve upon the medical facilities available. Additions of latest equipment, appointment of qualified doctors/ specialist and regularly inviting Speciality Doctors from Mumbai and Ahmedabad for organised free medical camps and or periodical visits to the hospital has been helpful in continuous improvement of medical facilities. Bhagwan Mahvir hospital has ,over the period of 29 years, earned the reputation of continuously better medical treatment specially for the poor and needy people who are given medical treatment free of cost or at subsidised rates. Motivated by the noble mission of founder members and past Presidents specially Late Shri Rajmalji Jain to serve the poor and encouraged by regular financial support of generous donors the management continually plans to enhance the quality and types of Medical services .
Establishment of MRI facilities and Eurology department are being contemplated as future additions.The Hospital also provides an ideal base for a Medical college in future.